Congress trashed surgical strike plan after Mumbai attacks, claims Modi
  • 3
    Shares

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday claimed that the Congress party had trashed the Indian Air Force’s “plan” of a surgical strike inside Pakistan after the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

Addressing a rally in Jamnagar ahead of Gujarat Assembly elections, Modi said a top ranking officer of Indian Air Force had suggested a surgical strike after Mumbai was attacked in November 2008. But the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government led by the Congress did not approve the move.

Modi said the Centre did not hesitate to take action after 19 Indian soldiers were killed in Uri attacks last year, referring to Indian Army’s  “surgical strikes to neutralise the launch pads of terrorism in Pakistan occupied Kashmir.”

“Someone who served at a high position in our Air Force has said that after 26/11 they went to the then PM with a plan for surgical strikes. Sadly, the then Government did not show courage to do that. When we were attacked in Uri, see how we answered terrorist,” ANI quoted Modi as saying.

India blames Hafiz Saeed for orchestrating the Mumbai attacks, in which over 160 people were killed, through Lashkar-e-Toiba .

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been attacking the Congress after the grand old party raised questions on claims of surgical strikes. Launching a scathing attack on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, BJP President Amit Shah likened the Congress Party’s demand for proof of the 2016 surgical strike with questioning the valour of the Indian army.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.