Srinagar: Braving winter chill, the J&K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti in a whirlwind tour on Wednesday visited a number of places and inaugurated a number of projects in the Valley. Commentators say that Mehbooba is desperately trying to regain in winter what she lost in summer. The pan-Kashmir uprising had rendered her government non-functional and restricted her to official residence during the summer. As the pro-freedom camp has relaxed their weekly protest ‘calendar’, Mehbooba found the timing apt to make her presence felt in the public even the darbar has moved to Jammu in October.
Earlier this month, Mehbooba went to Kulgam district of south Kashmir to inaugurate an ATM.
Here are the places where the CM went on Wednesday:
1. Commandos Training Centre (CTC) in Pulwama district where she addressed the new police recruits.
2. Laid foundation of maiden Disaster Centre in Srinagar.
3. Laid foundation of widening of road from Mehjoor Nagar to Nowgam via Padshahi Bagh.
4. Laid foundation stone of an infertility centre, Gynaecological oncology, Foetal Medicine and high risk pregnancy block at Lal Ded Hospital in Srinagar.
5. Inaugurated roller skating rink at Bakshi stadium in Srinagar.
6. Presented winners and runners up trophies at the conclusion of CRPF sponsored football cup at Bakshi stadium Srinagar.